MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) - A jury found a Myrtle Beach man guilty of sex crimes against two young girls, according to the solicitor's office.
A release from the office of Fifteenth Circuit Solicitor Jimmy Richardson says on Thursday, an Horry County jury convicted a Myrtle Beach man of sexually assaulting two young girls for several years.
Scott Richard Rowan, 33, of Myrtle Beach, was convicted on the charges of second-degree criminal sexual conduct with a minor and third-degree criminal sexual conduct with a minor, according to the release.
It was discovered that Rowan was sexually molesting the young girls when one of his victims, who he had been abusing for six years, ran away from home. The young girl left letters for her mom describing how Rowan would attack her. She also revealed that Rowan had been sexually assaulting a second victim.
Before contacting police, the victim's mother confronted Rowan, according to prosecutors, and the sexual predator admitted to touching the older victim inappropriately and having sexual relations with the younger victim.
Rowan was sentenced to serve 15 years in prison for each charge - the terms will run concurrently - and upon his release from prison, Rowan must register as a sex offender and be under electronic monitoring for the rest of his life.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Iraq awards rights to develop oil in country's northeast
- European Central Bank head to sift mixed signs on economy
- UN rights chief sees 'hope' in Ethiopia visit under new PM
- British-Iranian professor held by Iran's Revolutionary Guard