MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) – A Myrtle Beach man faces 10 charges connected to files of child pornography found in his possession, officials confirm.
A press release from the office of South Carolina Attorney General Alan Wilson, states Michael Patrick Pellett, 41, of Myrtle Beach, was arrested March 6 on ten charges connected to the exploitation of a minor.
Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force investigators with the Horry County Sheriff’s Office made the arrest, the release confirms.
Investigators received a CyberTipline report from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, leading them to Pellett. Investigators reveal Pellett possessed files of child pornography.
Pellett is charged with ten counts of sexual exploitation of a minor third degree, a felony that could lead to ten years in prison for each count if convicted.
Man guilty in Myrtle Beach assault
Man arrested for selling heroin in...
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- How police finally found the Austin bomber
- Budget deal includes wildfire disaster fund to end borrowing
- Trump targets China as US businesses await backlash
- "Exactly what we had hoped would happen," what's next for the case of alleged bank robber