FLORENCE, SC (WBTW) – Florence County deputies say the man who shot a store clerk during an armed robbery is now in jail.
Major Mike Nunn with the Florence County Sheriff’s Office says investigators arrested Deion Levante Felder, 23, of Lake City, on Wednesday. Felder is charged with attempted murder, armed robbery, and possession of a deadly weapon during the commission of a violent crime.
Deputies say around 7 p.m. on May 9, Felder entered Rob’s ABC store on Highway 52 in New Hope, pulled out a gun and demanded money. The store clerk fought back and the two fought for a brief period. Deputies say Felder shot the clerk and then ran out of the store.
The clerk was treated for a gunshot wound but is now ok, Major Nunn says.
Felder is being held at the Florence County Detention Center while awaiting a bond hearing.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- The Latest: Official: Still risk of rip currents after storm
- The Latest: Kanaan sets record by leading 14th Indy 500
- Brown University to give Sting honorary degree
- 75 years later, 'forgotten' WWII battle haunts soldiers