BISHOPVILLE, SC (WBTW) - A Lee Correctional Institution corrections officer was arrested Friday for reportedly kicking a handcuffed inmate.
The South Carolina Department of Corrections Police Services released arrest warrants for Antonio Lavar Burns. Burns was arrested on Friday following an excessive use of force incident at Lee Correctional Institution.
The arrest warrant says Burns stomped on the abdomen of a handcuffed inmate while the inmate was lying on the floor. The incident, which reportedly occurred April 28, was caught on video, the warrant states.
Burns is charged with assault and battery third degree.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- The Latest: Italy: Premier-designate says he made big effort
- Students place flags on graves of veterans ahead of Memorial Day
- No longer driven by conflict, Colombians vote for president
- The Latest: South Carolina faces heavy rain due to storm