HARTSVILLE, SC - Wednesday night an ambulance was stolen from outside Carolina Pines Hospital in Hartsville, according to County Administrator Charles Stewart.
Stewart says emergency medical services took a patient to the hospital. While the crew was inside the hospital, someone stole the ambulance from the bay, drove it seven to eight miles, and left it on the side of the road.
All Darlington County ambulances are equipped with tracking software so officials were able to use the software to locate the ambulance on South Center Road.
There was no damage to the ambulance and nothing stolen, except for the ignition key.
The ambulance will be evaluated and new keys made prior to placing it back into service.
Official: Plan to exclude Florida from
Winter is here: "Game of Thrones" ice
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Winter is here: "Game of Thrones" ice hotel opens in Finland
- Former Bolivia soccer boss travels to Brazil to treat cancer
- French prison guards protest, 2 attacked by inmates
- Shutdown deadline nears; no accord in Trump-Schumer meeting