WCBD - UPDATE — Police have identified the person who shot a seven-year-old as he was riding his bike in North Charleston.
17-year-old Tyrell Smith was arrested during a traffic stop on McMillian avenue.
North Charleston Police tell us that Smith is expected in bond court sometime on Monday.
NORTH CHARLESTON, SC — North Charleston Police are investigating a shooting incident that took place shortly before 11:30 p.m. Monday, January 2. It happened in the 3300 block of Florida Avenue, according to NCPD officials.
On scene officers discovered a 7-year-old boy with gunshot wound to right lower leg. He was transported to MUSC with non-life threatening injury.
Investigators learned, the child was reportedly riding his bicycle up Florida Ave on the way home with his mother in her vehicle following him when he was struck.
The incident remains under investigation and there is no suspect information at this time.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- US weighs designating embassy in Jerusalem as early as 2019
- US government proposes new rules for hog slaughter
- 6.3-magnitude earthquake shakes Mexico's Gulf of California
- Miracle League of Florence County hosting oyster roast