CONWAY, S.C. (WBTW) - The Coastal Carolina men's soccer team won its second straight Sun Belt conference title with a 2-0 win over Georgia State on Sunday afternoon in Conway.
Saif AlHameli scored the first goal of the game for CCU when he corralled a failed clear attempt by the Georgia State and punched a hard shot from just outside the box to the near pole for the 1-0 lead.
The score remained that way until the 86th minute when Martin Melchor pushed a shot in a wide-open net, after Frantzdy Pierrot drew the Panther goalkeeper to him for the final tally and score of 2-nil.
The win improved the Chanticleers record overall to 12-6-1. It also gives Coastal Carolina an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament. The Chants will find out their spot in the tournament during a selection show on Monday.
50 years after key Vietnam battles,
Trial in Kim Jong Nam's murder resumes
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Trial in Kim Jong Nam's murder resumes in Malaysia
- Philippine volcano explodes, authorities raise alert level
- Senate talks fall short, shutdown extends into workweek
- Asian stocks advance despite US government shutdown