WBTW News Staff - MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) - The family of the woman killed in a crash involving a drunk driver Sunday has launched a Go Fund Me page to cover funeral expenses.
Police say one person died and multiple people were taken to the hospital after two cars collided near the intersection of Highway 17 and Pine Island Road around 8:15 p.m. Sunday.
Reports say the crash happened when a drunk driver ran a red light and hit the passenger side of a car turning left from Highway 17 on to Pine Island Road.
According to police reports, 22-year-old Samantha Herzig died at the scene.
The page set up by family members says the was a nursing student and a loving daughter, sister, niece and aunt. The Go Fund Me page also says her fiancée was severely injured from the crash and is recovering in a medically-induced coma.
"Samantha did not have insurance and her family has a limited income. Please help out however you can so we can lay this amazing soul to rest and offer her family some closure," the page says.To donate, you can visit the website for Hertiz here.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Trump's global gag rule goes far beyond abortion, groups say
- Cosby jokes in 1st show since 2015 he 'used to be' comedian
- EU taking 8 jurisdictions off its tax haven blacklist
- The Latest: Trump warned that tariff move will backfire