CONWAY, SC (WBTW) - Conway Police partnered with Shoreline Behavioral Health Services and Horry County CAST Coalition for a prescription drug tack back day, Saturday.
At the event, people could bring their unused or out of date prescriptions and drop them off so they could be disposed of properly.
In 2016, 42,249 people died from overdosing on opioids, according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Their report also found that over 11 million people misused prescription opioids in 2016.
South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control reports in 2016, 86 people in Horry County died from a prescription opioid overdose.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- How police finally found the Austin bomber
- Budget deal includes wildfire disaster fund to end borrowing
- Trump targets China as US businesses await backlash
- "Exactly what we had hoped would happen," what's next for the case of alleged bank robber