HORRY COUNTY, SC (WBTW) - Horry County officials have identified the man whose body was discovered Thursday afternoon floating in the Intracoastal Waterway.
According to Deputy Coroner Tony Hendrick, the victim has been identified as Anthony M. Windham, 56, of Surfside Beach and Florence. The preliminary cause of death is some type of cardiac event while in or near the water, adds Hendrick. The victim did not drown, Hendrick clarifies.
Horry County Fire Rescue, Horry County Police Department and South Carolina Department of Natural Resources were at Enterprise Landing where the body was discovered within the water just after 4 p.m. Thursday, according to HCPD officials.
Lieutenant Raul Denis with Horry County Police says the body is that of a white male and was originally thought to be between the ages of 18-25, but further investigation reveals the man may be between the ages of 30-50. Windham's body appears to have been in the water for a few days, and was removed from the Intracoastal Waterway after being spotted by boaters Thursday afternoon.
Horry County Police continue to investigate this case.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- China regulator to assume management of Waldorf owner Anbang
- Immigration agency rewrites mission statement
- Florida Panthers honor victims of school shooting
- NBA setting up hotline to report misconduct, work concerns