DARLINGTON, SC (WBTW) - Numerous fire fighting crews responded to a fire at The Salvage Shop in Darlington just before noon Friday.
According to Palmetto Fire Rescue Incident Commander Doug Simmons, firefighter from multiple agencies responded to The Salvage Shop, located at 2034 South Main Street in Darlington, around 11:58 a.m.
The cause of the fire and amount of damage to the facility is still under investigation, said Simmons. Fire crews cut holes in the side of the building to access the fire and ensure the flames were fully extinguished.
Crews that responded to the fire included, Palmetto Fire Rescue, Florence Fire Department, West Florence Fire Department, Darlington Fire Department, and the Darlington County Sheriff's Office.
Simmons says because of the size and age of the building, the fire was an immediate concern, so many crews were brought in to ward off what could have been a very dangerous situation. No injuries were reported.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Trump hits solar panels, washing machines with tariffs
- Malaga ends losing streak with 1-1 draw at Eibar in La Liga
- Doctor who came to US as child jailed by immigration agents
- Senate Dems relent, vote to end shutdown; House to follow