FLORENCE, SC (WBTW) - Multiple fire crews responded to an auto recycling yard fire in Florence Tuesday morning.
News13's Teresa Galasso, who was at the scene, says West Florence Fire Rescue crews are battling a fire at American Steel and Recycling on Pecan Street Tuesday morning. Black smoke can be seen billowing from the facility.
It's unclear at this time how the fire started.
Tuesday's fire is the second in two months at the recycling facility.
Dwight Mobley, fire marshal at West Florence Fire Department, says the March 21 fire started when a car was being processed. The vehicle ignited near the salvage yard pile, causing other recycled cars to catch fire. The building was evacuated and no injuries were reported, confirms Mobley.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- The Latest: Italy: Premier-designate says he made big effort
- Students place flags on graves of veterans ahead of Memorial Day
- No longer driven by conflict, Colombians vote for president
- The Latest: South Carolina faces heavy rain due to storm