FLORENCE, SC (WBTW) - A Florence man is charged in the crash that killed one person and sent six others to the hospital Tuesday night.
Lt. Mike Brandt with the Florence Police Department says the two-vehicle crash happened on S. Cashua Drive and Celebration Blvd at 7:45 p.m. in Florence. Following the wreck, Alvin James Martin, 60, of Florence, was charged with felony DUI resulting in death. Martin remains in the Florence County Detention Center.
Florence County Coroner Keith von Lutcken identifies the victim as Carrie Bell Martin, 85, of Florence. Carrie Martin was the passenger in Alvin Martin's vehicle. The severity of injuries to the other six victims is unknown.
The Florence County Coroner's Office and the Florence Police Department continue to investigate the crash.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- 9 injured in apparent volcano eruption near Japan ski resort
- AP source: Cubs having active talks with RHP Yu Darvish
- Florence police arrest man for deadly Christmas shooting
- Avalanche beat Maple Leafs 4-2 for 10th straight win