LAMAR (WBTW) - Officials have identified the victim killed in a crash in Lamar Sunday afternoon.
Cpl. Sonny Collins with the South Carolina Highway Patrol says the two-vehicle crash happened at the intersection of US 401 and E. Lynches River Road Sunday around 3:40 p.m. in Darlington County.
Collins says a 2016 Toyota pickup was traveling south on E. Lynches River Rd. when the driver ran a stop sign at the intersection and struck the driver of a 1991 Honda Accord traveling east on US 401. The driver of the Honda Accord died on scene and the driver of the Toyota pickup was taken to McLeod hospital, confirms Cpl. Collins.
Darlington County Coroner J. Todd Hardee identifies the crash victims as Annette Evans, 80, of Timmonsville.
Charges are pending against the driver of the Toyota pickup but have not been filed at this time.
The South Carolina Highway Patrol is investigating the crash.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- TIPPING OFF: Is UMBC ready for another shocker?
- UConn wins in record fashion; double-digit seeds prevail
- Russia votes as Vladimir Putin eyes 4th presidential term
- Poole's buzzer-beating sends Michigan past Houston, 64-63