Associated Press - COLUMBIA, SC – The State Law Enforcement Division is investigating whether Allendale-Fairfax High football players were beaten during a hazing ritual at a team camp.
SLED spokesman Thom Berry said Tuesday the agency received a request last week and is investigating.
Players Shakur Chisolm and Dimitrius Drayton alleged they were among several students beating during the camp earlier this month.
Attorney Fatima Zeidan is representing the players. She said at a news conference the situation at the camp was disturbing and illegal.
Chisolm is a running back who has received several college offers. He transferred to Allendale-Fairfax from Barnwell High this year.
The players allege the attacks took place Aug. 3 at a football camp in Orangeburg.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Israeli army says tear gas, not beating, killed Palestinian
- Blige, Day, Lafourcade, Common among Oscars music performers
- Missouri governor defiant after indictment linked to affair
- Why millennials should care about Medicare right now