CONWAY, SC (WBTW) - Horry County police say they have arrested two people after an armed robbery at a Conway smoke shop.
Raul Denis with Horry County police says officers responded to the Happy Glass Smoke Shop at 140 University Plaza Drive Tuesday around 4:30 p.m.
Denis says an officer spotted the men in the get-away car on Church Street and tried to stop the car. Reports say the two abandoned their car and ran in separate directions but were taken into custody.
Kyron A. Pyatt, 17, and 16-year-old Timothy Spain were charged with armed robbery and possession of a weapon during a violent crime. Both suspects are from Conway and will be charged as adults, Denis says.
Booking records from J Reuben Long say Pyatt is also charged with two counts of kidnapping and burglary first degree. Records say Pyatt is currently being held at the J Reuben Long Detention Center.
Officers say Pyatt and Spain face the same charges for a separate armed robbery that happened Monday at the Speedway convenience store on Hwy 501 Business. Reports say two men approached a customer at the gas station and demanded money and valuables at gunpoint. The victim's necklace was ripped off his neck and his wallet and cell phone were taken.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Pacific Rim trade pact makes step toward new deal without US
- During turbulent time in NBA, Warriors enjoy smooth sailing
- Gay couple sues after 1 twin's US citizenship denied
- Big quake and tsunami fears rattle temblor-prone Alaskans