SOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP) — T.J. Gibbs scored 22 points in what could have been his final home game as Notre Dame closed out the regular season with a 64-56 victory over Virginia Tech.
Gibbs, one of three departing players who were saluted before the Purcell Pavilion fans, hit 7 of 12 shots, including 5 of 8 from 3-point range.
Reserve Dane Goodwin added 13 points and nine rebounds for coach Mike Brey’s Fighting Irish who got 12 rebounds from double-double machine John Mooney but just seven points.
The 6-foot-9 senior forward had entered the game leading the nation in double-doubles with 25.
Grad student Rex Pflueger had seven points.
- Donor cash surges to Harrison, the Democrat taking on Graham
- South Carolina unemployment falls, but tourism jobs vanish
- NFL rookie donates $3K for South Carolina sportscaster’s dog
- ‘Thank you for everything’: Oklahoma man battling COVID-19 texts mom before going into coma
- CDC provides tips on proper mask washing amid pandemic