SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) – Little-used freshman Brycen Goodine hit a putback off an Elijah Hughes miss with 1.5 seconds remaining to lift Syracuse to a 75-73 win over Wake Forest on Saturday night.
Syracuse squandered a 16-point second-half lead and trailed by four, but two steals down the stretch brought the Orange back, snapping a two-game losing streak.
Buddy Boeheim led the Orange with 23 points and Hughes added 20.
Olivier Sarr, who had just four points in the first half, finished with 15 and nine rebounds for Wake Forest. Chaundee Brown added 14 points.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- NASA sending first woman, next man to the moon in 2024
- Andrews man faces 3 counts of attempted murder in May shooting incident
- Newfeed Now: Remembering RBG; Major flooding in Texas
- Volunteers build playground for 6-year-old South Carolina boy with leukemia
- Large controlled burn happening just outside North Myrtle Beach