SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) – Little-used freshman Brycen Goodine hit a putback off an Elijah Hughes miss with 1.5 seconds remaining to lift Syracuse to a 75-73 win over Wake Forest on Saturday night.
Syracuse squandered a 16-point second-half lead and trailed by four, but two steals down the stretch brought the Orange back, snapping a two-game losing streak.
Buddy Boeheim led the Orange with 23 points and Hughes added 20.
Olivier Sarr, who had just four points in the first half, finished with 15 and nine rebounds for Wake Forest. Chaundee Brown added 14 points.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- You may have to a wear mask longer than anticipated even with COVID-19 vaccines
- South Carolina man suspected of exposing child, adult victims to HIV
- NASA naming headquarters after ‘Hidden Figures’ engineer Mary Jackson
- LIVE: House expected to approve $1.9T virus relief bill
- South Carolina lawmaker says Trump could be buried on state Capitol grounds