SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) – Elijah Hughes scored 19 points and matched his career high with nine assists, Buddy Boeheim added 15 points, and Syracuse beat Niagara 71-57.
Syracuse scored the first 10 points of the game and built a 16-point lead just over 6 minutes in on a three-point play by Hughes and the Purple Eagles couldn’t recover.
Syracuse ended its nonconference slate on a three-game winning streak.
Niagara has lost four straight under rookie coach Greg Paulus, a former Duke point guard.
- A warm end to the weekend
- Gov. McMaster issues new executive order in response to COVID-19
- Mother charged after infant found in plastic bag at NC church parking lot
- Tideland Health reports first COVID-19 patient death for healthcare system
- DHEC: 2 new COVID-19 related deaths, statewide total reaches 660