SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) – Vernon Carey Jr. had 26 points and a season-high 17 rebounds for the 10th double-double of his freshman season and No. 9 Duke beat Syracuse 97-88.
Cassius Stanley keyed an early second-half surge and the Blue Devils won their third straight after a two-game skid.
It was a crucial game for Syracuse, which had a five-game winning streak snapped on the road at Clemson on Tuesday night.
Syracuse also needed a signature win to bolster its resume for consideration for the NCAA Tournament.
Stanley had 15 points, Tre Jones had 17, Matthew Hurt had 12 and Alex O’Connell 11 for Duke.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Florida emergency chief strongly discourages ‘vaccine tourism’ flights
- ‘They are frontline workers’: Hidden heroes of the pandemic, hospital housekeepers
- Ball security at the top of the list for Bills offense vs. Ravens
- Police investigate early morning deadly shooting near Loris
- Biden plan seeks to raise minimum wage to $15 per hour