PITTSBURGH (AP) – Ismael Massoud scored 14 points off the bench, Torry Johnson added 12 and Wake Forest clamped down on Pittsburgh late in a 69-65 victory.
The Demon Deacons held Pitt scoreless over the last 3:07 after Panther guard Trey McGowens hit a reverse layup to pull Pitt within 66-65.
The Panthers missed their last five shots, including a potential go-ahead 3-pointer by McGowens with 27 seconds left.
McGowens also had a potential game-tying layup blocked by Wake Forest’s Olivier Sarr with less than one second to go.
Ryan Murphy led Pitt with 18 points. McGowens finished with 12.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Mail truck flattened by falling tree in North Carolina
- NASA to launch new satellite to improve hurricane forecasting
- North Myrtle Beach woman charged with killing 2 newborns, dumping bodies in trash to be sentenced Nov. 5
- DHEC: 918 new cases of COVID-19 for SC, 13 additional deaths
- Pres. Trump, Biden to appeal to last-minute voters in dueling Florida rallies