PHOENIX, A.Z. (WSPA) – The time has come! The College Football Playoff semifinal is finally here.
Clemson and Ohio State play at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, Dec. 28 at State Farm Stadium in Glendale, Arizona. The game is on ESPN.
This is the earliest they have been played in the six-year-old system, and only three weeks after conference title games.
With the national championship game on Jan. 13, the 15-day break after the semifinals is the longest scheduled for any College Football Playoff, which has dates set through the 2025 season.
At the Fiesta Bowl Media Day, Clemson Football Coach Dabo Swinney said the Tigers, who’ve won two of the last three CFP National Championships, are “looking forward to Saturday night–it’s going to be a heck of a ball game, two great teams that I think really are kind of mirror images of each other in a lot of ways. I think it’ll probably come down to a few plays.”
We’ll continue to provide coverage throughout the day.
- When will I get my stimulus check? Payments expected to start next week
- Buoys on the Boulevard feeds nurses around the Grand Strand
- 1 killed in motorcycle crash in Horry Co.
- Man accused in 2017 deadly shooting in Hartsville released from jail on bond
- SILVER ALERT: Robeson County man believed to be suffering from cognitive impairment