PHILADELPHIA (KXAN) — A 12-year-old boy was pronounced dead at around 3 a.m. Sunday morning, after being shot in the head while attempting to answer a knock at his home’s front door.
NBC 10 in Philadelphia reports local Deputy Commissioner Melvin Singleton said that the shooter fired one shot through the door’s window after knocking — hitting the boy in the head.
Singleton said it’s not believed the boy was the intended target and neither were the child’s grandmother and 10-year-old sister, who were in the house at the time.
Family gathered at the home overnight to mourn, NBC 10 reports.
Philadelphia police say the investigation is ongoing and they’re currently seeking any surveillance footage neighbors might have. There’s no description of the shooter, but police did find one shell casing on the porch.
- Biden will keep Fauci in administration; will call for 100 days of mask-wearing
- BYU’s equipment truck has only hours to spare to arrive in time for CCU game
- Pregnant Missouri woman stabbed to death on Thanksgiving; man she met online charged
- Rain arriving late Friday
- Pelosi, Schumer back $908 billion COVID-19 relief proposal