ASHEVILLE, NC (WSPA) – A 19-year-old woman is in critical condition after police says she was struck in the head by a round that came from another apartment.
On Saturday at about 12 p.m., Asheville police responded to Hillcrest Apartments for a person suffering from a gunshot wound.
They arrived to find that the 19-year-old female resident had been struck in the head by a round that had been fired from an adjacent apartment, police said.
The victim was transported to Mission Hospital, where she is currently in critical, but stable, condition.
Detectives executed a search warrant on the neighboring apartment and conducted a series of interviews throughout the afternoon and night.
The investigation is ongoing. There is no word yet on arrests in this case.
- Durham protesters set fire outside city police headquarters; some businesses damaged
- Fourth stimulus check: Nonprofit sees additional payments as vital
- Prince Philip’s funeral live updates: The Duke of Edinburgh being laid to rest at Windsor Castle
- Any weekend showers will be limited
- CCU drops Sun Belt conference home opener to Georgia Southern, 8-2