RED SPRINGS, NC (WBTW) – The Robeson County Sheriff’s Office says three people have been charged after a man was found injured in a field.
Deputies responded to the 100 block of San Marina Drive in Red Springs on May 4 “in reference to a male yelling for help in a field area,” the sheriff’s office says. Upon arriving, deputies found a 24-year-old man in the field “with multiple injuries.” The man was taken to an area hospital for treatment and is recovering.
Investigators were provided with a description of a vehicle for the suspects, the sheriff’s office also says. This vehicle was found on McQueen Road in Red Springs.
The sheriff’s office adds property belonging to the victim, a firearm, fentanyl, ecstasy pills, Xanax pills and marijuana was found and seized during the investigation.
Three people were arrested in the case:
- Amber Locklear, 23, of Pembroke
- Juan Acevedo, 28, of Fairmont
- Johnny Ross, 19, of Fairmont
All three face charges including:
- felony conspiracy
- robbery with a dangerous weapon
- assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injuries
- maintaining a vehicle for a controlled substance
- possession with intent to manufacture, sell and deliver a scheduled II controlled substance
- possession with intent to manufacture, sell and deliver a scheduled IV controlled substance
- possession with intent to manufacture, sell and deliver MDA/MDMA
- misdemeanor possession of marijuana
Locklear, Acevedo and Ross were booked in to the Robeson County Detention Center and each given a $260,000 secured bond.
- Derek Chauvin booked into maximum-security prison following conviction, awaiting sentencing
- Special Report: Danger levels upgraded for several Horry, Florence county dams
- Newsfeed Now: Chauvin convicted in death of George Floyd; 5-year-old stares down backyard bobcat
- Myrtle Beach man sentenced to 10 years in prison after pleading guilty to drug charges
- WATCH: Gov. McMaster, S.C. Dept. of Juvenile Justice to announce the allocation of emergency education money