HOT SPRINGS, Ark. (KARK/WBTW) — An Arkansas police officer has died after a Tuesday night shooting that happened during a traffic stop.
The Hot Springs Police Department (HSPD) says Officer Brent Scrimshire was shot in an exchange of gunfire with a suspect around 6:30 on Kenwood Street.
Officer Scrimshire died after being taken to the hospital. The suspect was also wounded but their name and condition is not yet being released.
Police ask for thoughts and prayers for Officer Scrimshire’s family and the HSPD.
Arkansas State Police Department is leading the investigation into the shooting.
The Pulaski County Sheriff’s Office tweeted this out about the situation:
- More “non-essential” businesses close
- Allstate Insurance giving partial refunds of premiums for April and May
- Conway city leaders take precautions in the fight against the coronavirus
- SC DEW says quarantine does not qualify for unemployment
- Survey: People working from home are neglecting personal hygiene