MAXTON, NC (WBTW) – A body was found inside a vehicle after a fire in Robeson County.
Around 8:30 a.m. Wednesday, deputies responded to the 300 block of Greely Road in Maxton for a “vehicle fire with a body inside of the vehicle,” the Robeson County Sheriff’s Office said. The body will be sent to the North Carolina Medical Examiner’s Office for an autopsy to determine a cause of death.
The RCSO Homicide and Arson Divisions are investigating. Robeson County Emergency Management assisted with the investigation and the Prospect Fire Department responded to the fire.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the sheriff’s office at 910-671-3170 or 910-671-3100.
Count on News13 for updates.
- Businesses near The Murrells Inlet Marshwalk struggle to say open
- ‘It’s a crucial time’: Coronavirus lockdown strands Myrtle Beach family in Colombia while adopting child
- Georgetown police search for man considered to be armed and dangerous
- College Board offering free virtual AP Exam prep; exams to be taken online in May
- Reports: Country artist John Prine dead at 73 after battle with COVID-19