SUMTER, SC (WBTW) – Sumter police say they have found the body of 5-year-old Nevaeh Adams who police say was killed by the same man that killed her mother in August.
Sumter Police Chief Russel Roark said that Adam’s body was found in a landfill in Richland County last Friday.
Roark said Daunte Johnson told investigators he killed the girl and her mother, 29-year-old Sharee Bradley, in a Sumter apartment on Aug. 5 and he dumped the girl’s body in a trash bin.
Police from all over the state worked with experts in landfill searches with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children to try to find Nevaeh Adams’ remains.
- North Myrtle Beach Police searching for SUV involved in a hit and run
- SCDOT proposes changes to three busy intersections in Garden City
- Armed robbery at Darlington convenience store
- CCU Men’s Basketball Defeats Middle Tennessee
- Robber with sticky fingers breaks into car in Sticky Fingers parking lot