SUMTER, SC (WBTW) – Sumter police say they have found the body of 5-year-old Nevaeh Adams who police say was killed by the same man that killed her mother in August.
Sumter Police Chief Russel Roark said that Adam’s body was found in a landfill in Richland County last Friday.
Roark said Daunte Johnson told investigators he killed the girl and her mother, 29-year-old Sharee Bradley, in a Sumter apartment on Aug. 5 and he dumped the girl’s body in a trash bin.
Police from all over the state worked with experts in landfill searches with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children to try to find Nevaeh Adams’ remains.
- Planning a vacation to Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg? What you need to know about wearing a mask
- Police: Timmonsville man attempted to flee traffic stop, found with heroin, meth, marijuana, $2,000
- Newsfeed Now: Recovery search for Naya Rivera; Grammar queen
- Florence deputies need help locating missing woman
- Religious leaders host free COVID-19 testing statewide