SUMTER, SC (WBTW) – Sumter police say they have found the body of 5-year-old Nevaeh Adams who police say was killed by the same man that killed her mother in August.
Sumter Police Chief Russel Roark said that Adam’s body was found in a landfill in Richland County last Friday.
Roark said Daunte Johnson told investigators he killed the girl and her mother, 29-year-old Sharee Bradley, in a Sumter apartment on Aug. 5 and he dumped the girl’s body in a trash bin.
Police from all over the state worked with experts in landfill searches with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children to try to find Nevaeh Adams’ remains.
- Allstate Insurance giving partial refunds of premiums for April and May
- Conway city leaders take precautions in the fight against the coronavirus
- SC DEW says quarantine does not qualify for unemployment
- Survey: People working from home are neglecting personal hygiene
- MUSC Update: 900 temporary layoffs, pay-cuts for all team members