SCOTLAND COUNTY, N.C. (WBTW) — A father accused of shooting his son in Scotland County was arrested Monday, according to Capt. Kevin Cribb with the Scotland County Sheriff’s Office.
Morgan is accused of shooting his son after an argument Friday at a gas station in the Laurel Hill area.
Charles Morgan, 57, was charged with assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury. He was arrested Monday morning accompanied by an attorney, Cribb said.
Morgan was given a $10,000 unsecured bond.
LATEST CRIME HEADLINES:
- 1 of 2 charged with murder in shooting death of Darlington County man released on bond
- Police: Florida firefighter assaults woman after argument over politics, points gun at officer
- Man arrested in NC courthouse shooting faces more than 166 years in prison
- 12-year-old girl in stable condition after shot in leg by a student at Hendersonville Middle School
- Georgetown deputies warn of scammers demanding money for ‘outstanding warrants’ and other charges