BRANDON, FL (CNN/WFLA/WBTW) – A Brandon, Florida man is accused of threatening to assassinate President Donald Trump.
The Metropolitan Police Department arrested 25 year-old Roger Hedgpeth Saturday outside the White House.
Hedgpeth reportedly approached a US Secret Service police officer on patrol and said, “I am here to assassinate President Donald Trump.” He then told the officer he planned to do it with a knife, which the Secret Service officer confiscated after a pat-down search.
Hedgpeth was moved to a hospital for a mental health evaluation where he will be held until further notice.
He was arrested for threats to do bodily harm and the possession of a prohibited weapon.
- Horry County Fire Rescue responds to overturned vehicle in Loris
- Officer suspended for blaring ‘Trump 2020’ from NYPD vehicle
- Panthers fall late to the Saints, 27-24
- Clemson remains #1 in AP poll, Coastal moves up to 20th
- Vice President Pence to visit SC on Tuesday