GEORGETOWN, SC (WBTW) – A fugitive wanted in connection to a 2018 death in Connecticut has been arrested in Georgetown County.
According to the Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office, deputies working with the U.S. Marshals arrested William Benton Moultrie, of Georgetown, on Thursday.
Moultrie was wanted in connection to an incident that resulted in death on July 1, 2018, in Hamden, Connecticut.
Moultrie is charged with evading responsibility (death), criminal mischief second degree, interfering with a police officer, falsely reporting an incident, and tampering with evidence.
He was booked at 5 p.m. Thursday into the Georgetown County Detention Center. He will be extradited at a later time.
- ‘They are frontline workers’: Hidden heroes of the pandemic, hospital housekeepers
- Ball security at the top of the list for Bills offense vs. Ravens
- Police investigate early morning deadly shooting near Loris
- Biden plan seeks to raise minimum wage to $15 per hour
- Biden to lay out plan to ramp up COVID-19 vaccine distribution