NORTH MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (WBTW) — Twelve guns and more than 15 lbs. of marijuana were seized during a drug bust in North Myrtle Beach, according to Solicitor Jimmy Richardson.
Agents also seized $37,000 cash.
James Ray Wilmoth, 50, of North Myrtle Beach, was arrested Wednesday and charged with first-offense trafficking in marijuana 10 pounds or more, but less than 100 pounds.
The arrest comes after anonymous tips about drug activity in the North Myrtle Beach area, Richardson said.
Wilmoth is held in the J. Reuben Long Detention Center on a $10,000 bond.
- Myrtle Beach Emergency Manager retires as part of city’s early retirement plan to cut costs
- Man arrested after animal cruelty incident at The Sneaky Beagle
- Republicans optimistic about president’s pick for Supreme Court; Democrats worry for ACA
- Fauci: Pandemic causing ‘historic decimation’ among Latinx community
- Sunny weather for the rest of the week