MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) — Officers arrived Saturday to the Walmart on the 1700 block of S. Kings Highway to find EMS treating a victim for a mouth injury, according to a report.
According to police, the victim stated that he was walking through the north side parking lot when the suspect approached him. The suspect allegedly punched the victim in the mouth and left the area. The victim believes that the suspect attacked him because he was the reason he went to prison, police say.
The officers reviewed the parking lot security cameras and observed the suspect chasing the victim on foot before punching him in the face, the report said.
Officers learned at South Strand Medical Center the victim was diagnosed with a broken left jaw, according to the report.
A warrant request for assault in the 2nd degree was sent to the clerks office.
Count on News13 for updates.
- DHEC announces 613 new COVID-19 cases, 25 more deaths
- Woman dies in Robeson County house fire
- 1 charged with armed robbery in Loris, 2 still wanted
- Happiness class — free online — is most popular at Yale, especially during pandemic
- Last day to apply for rental assistance in SC quickly approaches