CONWAY, SC (WBTW) – An Aynor woman accused of killing her father and step-brother was released on bond Thursday, according to Jimmy Richardson with the 15th Circuit Solicitor’s Office.
Samantha Ford Rabon, 36, had her bond set at $175,000 by Judge William H. Seals Jr., Richardson said.
Rabon solicited the killings of her father and step-brother, according to the police report and the Fifteenth Circuit Solicitor’s Office.
The charges came after DNA evidence provided Horry County Police Department with a lead in the investigation. The DNA led to the identification of a suspect and the development of additional co-conspirators.
On Aug. 18, 2018, officers were dispatched to a home off of Highway 19 for a welfare check. Upon arrival, officers found the two men dead on the property. A homicide investigation was immediately launched.
Horry County Coroner’s Office identified the victims as Robert Marion Ford Jr., 59, and Robbie Stetson Ford, 25, a father and son, both from the Conway area. Both had been shot to death.
Randy Dean Grainger, 53, of Loris, and Teresa Ann Martin, 54, of Conway, were also charged in connection with the murder.
Rabon was ordered to be monitored on home detention with GPS monitoring and have no contact with the victim’s family, witnesses or codefendants, according to Tonya Root with the 15th Solicitor’s office.
- ‘Tragic’: South Carolina nursing homes have highest COVID death rate in country, AARP says
- Election commission: Memphis poll worker fired after asking voter to turn ‘Black Lives Matter’ shirt inside-out
- Tropical Storm Epsilon takes form over Central Atlantic
- Horry County mask mandate faces renewal vote on Tuesday
- Rush Limbaugh tells listeners he’s facing ‘death sentence’ from cancer fight