MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (WBTW) — A suspect in a shooting and stabbing at Coastal Grand Mall Tuesday was denied bond during a court hearing at 4 p.m. Wednesday.
The suspect was identified Wednesday as Dionte Roddey White, 34. He’s charged with two counts of attempted murder and possession of a weapon during a violent crime.
One of the victims has life-threatening injuries, according to law enforcement.
During the bond hearing, White said he has a 14-year-old daughter and he is not going anywhere.
A mother of one of the victims said White shouldn’t get bond and that he has a child on the way with her daughter.
Police said security footage showed White went into the mall, bought a knife, and waited for the two people in the mall whom he attacked. White said the two people he attacked, attacked him at some point earlier. He claims he was pistol-whipped and beat up, leading to cuts on his face.
His initial court appearance is set for Oct. 30 at 1 p.m.
LATEST GRAND STRAND CRIME HEADLINES:
- Time running out for Sidney Moorer to come forward with information on Heather Elvis’ whereabouts
- Myrtle Beach man facing 26 charges connected to sexual exploitation of minors
- Longs man sentenced to 15 years in prison for 2017 Loris area burglaries
- Suspect identified in Socastee chase, crash; was also arrested in 2019 for stolen trucks
- Myrtle Beach man faces 6 counts of distributing files of child sexual abuse