GEORGETOWN, SC (WBTW) - Georgetown police arrested two men following a burglary on Cannon Street, according to police.
Officers responded to a burglary at 334 Cannon Street Tuesday morning at 9:30 a.m. Police say Ashton David Mcelveen, 28, and Mark Kelvin Jayroe, Jr., 34, both of Georgetown, stole items from the home and left in a red pickup truck.
Officers located the suspects in the truck at Radio Shack on Highmarket Street, according to a Facebook post for the police department. Both suspects were arrested.
Mcelveen was charged with burglary and possession of heroin. Jayroe was charged with driving under suspension, having an expired license tag and burglary. The stolen items were recovered and both subjects were taken to the Georgetown County Detention Center.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Trump delays Russia probe documents; allies voiced concerns
- Mother of suspected MS-13 victim remembered as 'warrior'
- Trump drops civil tone, slams Kavanaugh accuser credibility
- Congressmen question Google over kids' privacy on YouTube