GEORGETOWN, SC (WBTW) - Georgetown police are investigating a homicide on Highmarket Street.
A press release from the Georgetown Police Department says officers were called to the 2100 block of Highmarket Street around 9:45 p.m. on Thursday for a report of a victim found in bushes. Upon arrival, officers found a 29-year-old male with multiple gunshot wounds. The victim was taken to a local hospital, then to the Medical University South Carolina, where he later died.
According to the release, police believe the initial shooting incident happened on Prince Street and the victim made it to Highmarket Street, where he was found.
GPD investigators and other officers are actively working multiple crime scenes, collecting evidence, and following leads, the release also says.
The Georgetown County Coroner's Office identified the victim as 29-year-old Joshua Powell, of Georgetown. Powell died around 6:30 a.m. on Friday from a gunshot wound.
Anyone with information about this case should call the Georgetown Police Department at 843-545-4300 or leave information on the department's anonymous tip line at 843-545-4400.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- 22 people injured in California military base tent collapse
- Australian prime minister calls on pope to fire archbishop
- Mild breeze, fast course for start of British Open
- Sex abuse victims join hands, accept courage award at ESPYs