UPDATE AS OF 9/1/20 — Horry County Police have announced that Craig Legette is now in custody.
UPDATE AS OF 8/29/20 — Horry County Police say Craig Lee Legette, 37, has been identified as the primary suspect in the deadly shooting that occurred Wednesday in Forestbrook area.
HCPD say Legette is wanted for murder and is considered armed and dangerous.
This is an ongoing story. Count on News13 for updates.
FORESTBROOK, S.C. (WBTW) — Horry County police are investigating a deadly shooting Wednesday night in the Forestbrook area.
According to police, the shooting happened in the area of Bush Drive and Claypond Road outside of Myrtle Beach.
It has been confirmed by authorities that one person has died as a result of the incident.
Officers were called to the the intersection of Claypond Road and Bush Drive, where a car was found in a ditch, according to police.
When officers looked into the vehicle they discovered the driver had been shot, according to authorities.
The victim was removed from the vehicle and placed in an ambulance before Horry County Fire Rescue notified officers that the victim had died, according to police.
Count on News13 for updates.
- The names of the 8 victims murdered in the Indianapolis FedEx mass shooting
- ‘This violence must end’: Calls for action on Capitol Hill after latest mass shooting
- FBI says it interviewed FedEx mass shooter last year
- LA woman admits killing her 3 children in jailhouse interview
- Moderna plans to have third vaccine booster shot ready by fall