GEORGETOWN, SC (WBTW) – An inmate has been taken to a hospital after being found unresponsive in a cell at the Georgetown County Detention Center.
Corrections officers found the inmate unresponsive Friday morning, according to the Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office. Corrections staff provided medical attention to the inmate.
“The inmate, still unresponsive but alive, was transported by Emergency Medical Services to Tidelands Georgetown Memorial Hospital,” the GCSO said.
The State Law Enforcement Division (SLED) has been contacted to investigate.
Count on News13 for updates.
- Search: Driver of white SUV hit and killed Robeson County woman, left the scene
- Gov. McMaster signs college athlete compensation bill into law
- Disneyland’s Snow White ride under fire over Prince Charming’s ‘non-consensual’ kiss
- Grand Ole Opry to resume performances at full capacity
- Suspect accused of stealing ‘significant amount of Lynyrd Skynyrd memorabilia’ ID’d by Florida police