GEORGETOWN, SC (WBTW) – An inmate has been taken to a hospital after being found unresponsive in a cell at the Georgetown County Detention Center.
Corrections officers found the inmate unresponsive Friday morning, according to the Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office. Corrections staff provided medical attention to the inmate.
“The inmate, still unresponsive but alive, was transported by Emergency Medical Services to Tidelands Georgetown Memorial Hospital,” the GCSO said.
The State Law Enforcement Division (SLED) has been contacted to investigate.
Count on News13 for updates.
- Shanahan: ‘No injuries to report’ ahead of 49ers NFC Championship game
- Grand Strand lawmakers propose bill to use hospitality tax money for I-73
- Rollback proposed for Michelle Obama school lunch guidelines
- Man arrested for driving 145 mph in 55 mph zone on Florida Bridge
- Man returns money after finding $43,000 in couch he purchased at thrift store