GEORGETOWN COUNTY, SC (WBTW) - An involuntary manslaughter charge has been added for the suspect in the death of an off-duty Connecticut police officer.
According to a press release from the Georgetown County Sheriff's Office, deputies have charged Kelton Jess Todd, 21, of Aynor, with involuntary manslaughter.
Todd was charged with assault of a high and aggravated nature for allegedly striking the man with his fist, the release says. Todd was released from the Georgetown County Detention Center on $35,000 bond after a hearing on Monday.
"The assault charge will remain in place, according to the Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office, with involuntary manslaughter as an additional charge," states the release. "Todd is being held at the Georgetown County Detention Center awaiting a bond hearing on the involuntary manslaughter charge."
Matthew Mainieri, 41, died at Grand Strand Regional Medical Center on Monday of head injuries sustained at Uncles Tito's when he tried to stop a fight, the release says.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Encarnacion to Mariners, Santana to Indians in 3-team trade
- Japan's 'tankan' economic survey shows sentiment flat
- Janet Jackson, Def Leppard, Nicks join Rock Hall of Fame
- NEW DETAILS: North Myrtle Beach woman accused of killing newborns, disposing of bodies in trash