MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) – A judge denied bond for a suspect in a deadly shooting at an Horry County bingo hall.
On February 10, a judge denied a request for bond for Derrick Rivera, according to court documents.
Rivera, of Georgetown, and Bradford Britton, also of Georgetown, were arrested in the case, according to Mikayla Moskov, with the Horry County Police Department.
Stephen “Steve” Johnson, Sr., 73, and Stephen “Sparky” Johnson Jr., 46, were killed after an attempted robbery ended with gunfire in July 2019, according to a press release from Horry County Deputy Coroner Michelle McSpadden.
Count on News13 for updates.
- Dems want universal vote-by-mail during COVID-19 pandemic but GOP is pushing back
- Community donations save a Carolina Forest business from closure
- Deputies investigate homicide in Darlington Co.
- WATCH NOW: As first stimulus check looms, lawmakers working towards next round of relief
- Police: Conway woman faces DUI charge after crashing with 2-month-old in car