LONGS, SC (WBTW) – Police have charged a man in connection with a deadly shooting Friday morning in Longs.
Tyrell Vanquiz Harrison, 20, of Longs is charged with murder, attempted murder and possession of a weapon during a violent crime, according to a press release from Horry County police.
Police said ‘Harrison did shoot two individuals with malice aforethought while inside a vehicle, causing the death of one and life-threatening injuries for the other.’
The shooting happened on Plantation Drive in the Freemont area of Longs around 4 a.m. Friday.
The victim who died was identified by the coroner’s office as Tyrone Ford, 49, of the Longs area. The victim also goes by the name Tyrone Davis.
He died by a gunshot wound to a vital organ causing mass trauma, the coroner’s office said.
When an officer arrived on scene, he approached a vehicle with several people in it, according to a police report. Witnesses there told the officer individuals inside had been shot, it continued.
The report said that’s when the officer saw two men in the vehicle who both were covered in blood. The driver appeared to be awake but could not speak, while the passenger was unresponsive, the report said.
Harrison is being held at the J. Reuben Long Detention Center. He faced a judge Saturday at 3 p.m., where he was denied bond.
It’s unclear when Harrison will face a judge next.
Count on News13 for updates.
- Coastal football preparing for Sun Belt foe Georgia Southern on Saturday
- ‘They were two special people’: Conway police chief discusses challenging double murder investigation of mother, 3-year-old
- Man splits $5M jackpot … with himself after accidentally buying 2 tickets
- President Trump announces support for Lumbee Tribe federal recognition
- Blitz Picks – Week 5 of the SCHSL football season