MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) — A 40-year-old Columbia man accused of kidnapping two family members at gunpoint remained in the J. Reuben Long Detention Center Friday evening after being denied bond.
Rysheen Dala Williams forced his way into a room on Wednesday at the Palette Resort on South Ocean Boulevard in Myrtle Beach, according to the Myrtle Beach Police Department. He then took the two family members at gunpoint.
He was taken into custody in Florence within four hours, according to police. Neither victim was hurt.
Williams has been charged in connection to the incident with kidnapping, domestic violence of a high and aggravated nature, burglary first degree, assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature, and possession of a weapon during a violent crime.
Williams was denied bond Friday on the kidnapping, burglary, domestic violence and assault charges, according to Master Cpl. Thomas Vest with the Myrtle Beach Police Department.
LATEST CRIME HEADLINES
- Lake City High School cancels winter sports seasons
- DHEC announces 1,845 new COVID-19 cases; number low due to system issue
- Gov. McMaster asks hospitals to reduce elective surgeries to speed up vaccine process
- Jared Goff to start for Rams in Green Bay; Wolford inactive
- Florence man charged with attempted murder after stabbing