MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (WBTW) — A man is accused of raping a 9-year-old girl at a Myrtle Beach apartment complex, according to police.
The incident happened at an apartment complex on Osceola Street, according to police.
The girl told police she was asked by Presley Morant, 60, of Fairmont, North Carolina, to come to the bed. A woman said she saw Morant sexually assaulting the girl in the bed, according to the police report.
Morant left the scene before police arrived but he was later arrested.
Morant is charged with first-degree criminal sexual conduct with a minor under age 11. He’s held in J. Reuben Long Detention Center without bail.
LATEST GRAND STRAND CRIME HEADLINES:
- Suspect identified in Socastee chase, crash; was also arrested in 2019 for stolen trucks
- Myrtle Beach man faces 6 counts of distributing files of child sexual abuse
- Conway man charged with 2 counts of attempted murder
- Trio arrested for multiple attempted armed robberies on the same night in Myrtle Beach
- Horry County Coroner identifies victim of Conway shooting on Saturday