MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) – A man has been arrested for criminal sexual conduct with a minor.
Barron Jaquan Williams, 25, is charged with criminal sexual conduct with a minor in the third degree, according to warrants obtained by News13.
Offices opened an investigation into a possible sexual assault on October 7, the warrants say. During a forensic interview, the 12-year-old victim reported that Williams had inappropriately touched her and said sexually inappropriate things to her.
The warrants state that during a post-Miranda interview, Williams “confirmed that he ‘accidentally’ touched” the victim during a hug.
A witness reportedly saw Williams and the victim passing a tablet back and forth and told police that sexual messages were being passed on the tablet, according to the warrant.
Williams remains in jail as of 1:20 p.m. Tuesday pending a bond hearing, booking records show.
Count on News13 for updates.
- Staying warm today but rain and cooler weather on the way
- Prosecutor: Man charged with felonies for claiming to spread COVID-19 to shopping carts, police car
- ‘Favorite birthday ever!’ Man surprises wife with huge virtual party, song for birthday
- DHEC updates information for coronavirus case numbers by ZIP code
- Tokyo Olympics will open in July 2021