WILMINGTON, NC (WBTW) – A man wanted in Horry County for attempted murder has been arrested in Wilmington.
Anthony Michael Gore, 30, was arrested on Thursday in the 1100 block of Rankin Street in Wilmington, according to Jessica Williams, with the Wilmington Police Department. He is currently being held as a fugitive from justice.
Gore was wanted in Horry County for attempted murder and possession of a firearm by a felon for allegedly shooting someone “who tried to intervene during a domestic dispute,” Williams said.
An off-duty Loris police officer heard an argument between two people before the shots went off, according to the Horry County police report. He was able to identify the suspect and the victim. The incident happened in the area of Cedar Branch Road in Loris.
The Wilmington Police Department, New Hanover County Sheriff’s Office Housing Tasking Force and U.S. Marshals assisted in Gore’s arrest.
- Trump pushing for more transparency in health care costs
- 16-year-old shooter in CA school shooting dies from self-inflicted wound: sheriff
- Police use developing technology to identify Potomac River Rapist
- Body of missing kayaker found near the Peachtree Landing
- Ambassador ousted by Trump testifies at impeachment hearing