MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) – The Myrtle Beach Police Department is investigating after nearly $6,800 in reportedly stolen merchandise was found in an apartment during a search warrant.
On December 18, officers responded to Willow Run Apartments, located on Greens Blvd., after being requested to assist with a narcotics investigation, according to an incident report from the MBPD. Agents from MBPD’s Street Crimes Unit were on scene and had executed a search warrant related to an ongoing narcotics investigation.
During the search, officers with the street crimes unit found “a large amount of new in-the-box retail merchandise” that was reportedly “in their original boxes and in condition to be sold in retail commerce.”
“A bulk of the merchandise was in multiple quantities of each type and a number of items were still encapsulated in its store security box.,” the report said. Officers reportedly believed the merchandise was “stolen property and had been stolen during multiple shoplifting incidents.”
Officers seized about 141 separate pieces of merchandise, including powered toothbrushes, teeth whitening strips, razor blades, DNA ancestry kits, and hair growth supplement. The report estimates the merchandise totaled about $6,874 “without including applicable taxes.”
No arrests have been made yet.
Count on News13 for updates.
- Everyone in US gets a free taco after stolen base in Game 1 of World Series
- Police: Lumberton man shot, killed while in his front yard
- ‘Vote for Trump or else’: Voters receive threatening email
- City of Conway votes to use FEMA money to help in Hurricane Florence recovery
- TINY TWINS: Baton Rouge parents welcome second set of identical twins, ‘This only happens every 15 years’