MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WTBW) – Police have arrested a man after he allegedly struck someone with a glass bottle and took his wallet.
Terry Smith, 50, was arrested in connection with the incident, according to Sargeant Steven Clothier with Myrtle Beach police.
The incident happened around 8:30 Friday morning, according to a police report.
The report says it all started at the Shell gas station on the corner of 16th Avenue North and Kings Highway.
That’s where Smith reportedly asked a man for money, who declined to give it to him. The man returned to his work on 16th Avenue North.
Police say Smith showed up to the man’s work, knocked on the door and hit the man in the head with a glass bottle.
Smith allegedly entered the building and hit the man again, causing the bottle to smash and the victim to hit the floor.
Smith is accused of then taking the victim’s wallet and running off.
Police were called on scene and got a photo of the suspect using city cameras.
Smith was arrested later on in connection with the incident.
Count on News13 for updates.
- Businesses near The Murrells Inlet Marshwalk struggle to say open
- ‘It’s a crucial time’: Coronavirus lockdown strands Myrtle Beach family in Colombia while adopting child
- Georgetown police search for man considered to be armed and dangerous
- College Board offering free virtual AP Exam prep; exams to be taken online in May
- Reports: Country artist John Prine dead at 73 after battle with COVID-19