MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) – A woman is facing charges after throwing a man’s bags into the ocean.
The whole thing happened Saturday around 9 a.m., a Myrtle Beach police report says.
The owner of the bags told police Tonya Locklear was supposed to watch his luggage while he went to the store to buy her beer.
When he got back, he found his bags had been soaked and were filled with sand. Some of the contents were also missing.
The responding officer realized he had seen the luggage earlier in the day while responding to a welfare check.
Someone had called police wondering why there was a woman throwing luggage into the ocean. When the officer questioned Locklear about it, she said she ‘was hit by a rogue wave and lost control of the bags,’ the report states.
Locklear is charged with destruction of property less than $2,000.
- Businesses near The Murrells Inlet Marshwalk struggle to say open
- ‘It’s a crucial time’: Coronavirus lockdown strands Myrtle Beach family in Colombia while adopting child
- Georgetown police search for man considered to be armed and dangerous
- College Board offering free virtual AP Exam prep; exams to be taken online in May
- Reports: Country artist John Prine dead at 73 after battle with COVID-19