MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) — Myrtle Beach Police Department has one person in custody after an investigation of a weapon discharge that took place in the area of 100 N Kings Hwy on Saturday, according to police.
Police arrived to the area after reports of a person fired a handgun after a disturbance in a parking lot around 4:30 a.m., police say.
Draquan Amond Gore, 21, of Kingstree was found an hour later after he fled the scene in a silver Dodge Charger that witnesses identified, according to police.
No injures or damages occurred, according to the officers.
Gore is charged with unlawful carry of a pistol and discharging a firearm within city limits.
Several other people were detained and investigators responded.
- DHEC: South Carolina surpasses 2,000 confirmed deaths due to COVID-19
- DHEC Unveils New County-Level COVID-19 Online Resource
- LIVE: Biden selects California Sen. Kamala Harris as running mate
- PAC-12 postpones all fall sports, including football
- ‘Seemed just like the flu’: 21-year-old thought he overcame mild case of COVID-19, then went into organ failure